Welcome to Living the Life I’ve Got. The lifestyle blog that has a special place for personal finance and significant life decisions. My name is Matt, and I’ll be the guy bringing you the regular content around here. There will be scheduled weekly content as outlined below plus random postings more related to hobbies (such as r/c planes and drones, biking, photography, metal detecting, reading, etc) and other lifestyle sorts of things.
- Tuesdays: I’ll share a post under the “Related Readings” series with any sort of readings I’ve come across throughout the week that may be of interest. The bulk of these readings will be focused on financial aspects, but they could include a variety of current events relating to science, government, health & healthcare, among other topics.
- Fridays: I will write a post, likely falling under one of the other planned series I have. There could also be other more time-sensitive content released in lieu of a post in one of the planned series. One of my most sincere goals with these posts is that I can share personal stories of my successes and failures. But more so, I hope that by reading about my mistakes that you can avoid them in your own lives. So in a weird sort of way, I’m your guinea pig!
- Killin’ It: A series dedicated to highlighting and recommending proactive engagement with your finances, family, and community to improve your life.
- Money Talks: A series highlighting the lessons I’ve learned in regards to money management and personal finances and how that has affected my lifestyle, goals, and desires.
- Home Sweet Home: A series explaining the ins and outs of home buying and our experience in buying our first home.
“All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” – Winston Churchill